It’s been a really frustrating week in the internetz for me, with so many negative people talking a whole pile of smack about my beautiful city.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not blind, Perth has it’s faults. But you know what? Every city does. So do people, for that matter.
What’s frustrating though, is that these people are so vocal about what’s wrong with this city, but when I asked them what they were doing to make a positive change, I had my head bitten off. Apparently, a perfect city is just supposed to appear on their doorsteps.
Yes, there’s a history of poor service in Perth. But you know what? There’s also a lot of bad customers to go along with that bad service. Food is expensive? Let me tell you, very few chefs are getting rich off owning a restaurant. Food is that expensive, because that’s how much it costs them to produce it in the fine setting you’re in. There’s nothing to do? Actually, there’s plenty if you have a look!
To quote on oft-used line in football – We are in a rebuilding stage. We are creating a Perth that we can be proud of. YOU, yes you, need to get out there and help. We are the little city that could, and we are at an amazing point where we can go which ever way we like – so long as we don’t let the negative people be the ones that steer our direction.
Events! Festivals! Markets! Gigs! We have so many good things happening now, and many more on the way.
Don’t worry, no one hates venturing out into the cold more than me. These things are worth leaving your snuggie behind for, trust me.
- Winter Supper Club is held on the last Friday of every month at Perth Town Hall – amazing food and entertainment for all!
- Fat Shan’s have the hardest working team in town, with Friday I’m in Love 14, as well as a unmissable fundraiser at Mojo’s (which I’m baking for – worth it for that alone) among the MANY events they put on. Check them out.
- Clandestine Cake Club is gearing up for a beautiful winter meet – featuring Eastern European delights. You should see what I have planned for that, spectacular! But, you’ll have to come along to find out!
- Did you know WA is the biggest consumer of truffles in all of Australia? Check out what you’ve been missing at the Mundaring Truffle Festival 28 & 29 July – it’s an epic day, and well worth a visit!
- Love local music? Check out RTRfm’s Winter Music Festival, with a stellar line-up of some of Perth’s best names
- Anyone who says Perth can’t do culture obviously doesn’t know that MOMA has sent some of the art world’s BEST to the Art Gallery of Western Australia. Even if you’re not a huge art fan, to see Warhol’s work in the flesh is a must do.
- Made on the Left is a gorgeous designer market held in the city, come fill your home and heart with beautiful locally made wares!
So… Are you with us?
**Unless we are talking about merging. Seriously, I don’t get how it’s so hard. Raaaaaaah!