So, it’s time for Head & Heart. Check out what everyone else is up to over to Lime Tree Bower (make sure you say hi to Helen!), and join in!
Head & Heart
What I’ve been grateful for:
- Rob. Today marks six months since we met, and I’m going to save you the mush because I’m sure you don’t want to hear it, but also because I haven’t yet found a way to articulate how magic this is – the difference that good love makes to a person. I’ve spent a long time trying to make myself smaller to fit in relationships that I had no business being in, but this one, this guy teaches me to fly.
Also, he built me a fort, and it was fucking fantastic.
- The office. I work with this amazing team who take the time to teach me things (they also have to explain things to me, a lot). But it’s been fascinating, and I love it.
What I’ve been thinking about:
- This pie. Hooooly jeebus. Also, Sarah’s cook book is out in September, and I may or may not be counting the days.
- The older I get, the more I’m becoming al 11 year old boy. My current obsessions include comics, The Avengers, light up sneakers (they come in grown-up now), Jurassic Park and space. HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS!
- Also, I have a massive crush on John Green. Is that weird? I am a grown-ass woman. But it’s pretty hard not to be completely on board for someone who’s all about educating kids in a way that applies to them, someone who’s compassionate and gives great advice, or is just generally a good guy. #nerdfighter4lyfe
I may have also watched The Fault in Our Stars by myself on a Saturday night, and then curled up in the foetal position on my lounge room floor and cried for like 10 minutes. Whatever. You can get up to speed here, here and here.
What I’m excited for:
- One of my all-time favourite comedians is a guy by the name of Daniel Kitson. I saw him last four years ago, and he’s back, playing at the Subi Arts Centre this weekend, and I can’t wait. This is one of my favourite routines, in case you wanted a giggle.
- There’s a Medieval Faire this weekend, and I’m bloody excited. Yes, I know, I’m weird. But I love how committed people are to this kind of thing, it’s fantastic.
What I’ve been doing:
- I was lucky enough to be invited to The Standard in Northbridge to taste their new menu last weekend, and let me provide you the same advice I gave to everyone else I’ve spoken to about it since then – stop what you are doing, and go now. Eat the mushroom doughnuts. And the yellow curry. And the brisket. Oh, and the tartare. But mostly the mushroom doughnuts, which are hands down one of the best things I’ve eaten recently. Read about it here.
What I’ve been reading:
- I could tell you that I’ve bought The Fallen Giant or The Fictional Woman, Trigger Warning or Seven Spoons. Things that are smart and interesting, educational and allow me to learn and expand my knowledge. But the thing I’ve been reading most over the last few weeks is Marvel Unlimited. It’s like Netflix for Marvel comics, and it’s bloody fantastic, and I regret nothing. Comics are awesome. Though, for the record, I have bought all of those other books, and I promise I’m going to read them.
What I’ve been spending money on:
- I bought this gorgeous piece of art from Alicia Falconer at the Mt Hawthorn markets last weekend, and I’m utterly obsessed. If I had a bigger apartment, I’d have a piece that takes up the whole wall. So gorgeous.
- This Little Pig Went To Market. I can’t tell you how much of a life saver they are (though I will another day), and I love it. Start of the week saviour.
Tell me about your month! What’s news?